08 Mar The Best Energy Bliss Balls Straight From Cacao Heaven
The dreaded 3 o’clock energy low hits! Oh no. Chocolate to the rescue. Thanks but no thanks! We are still going strong with our healthy eating habits. Yes, go us! Hence stepping away from the chocolate. Not to worry, we have the ultimate and yummiest recipe for healthy and vegan-friendly cacao and almond bliss balls for you. You are very welcome.
The healthy snacking struggle is real, we get it. And isn’t life all about balance? Exactly. So a naughty little cacao bliss ball fix will hurt no one, right? Exactly. And guess what? With just five simple ingredients, these cacao almond bliss balls couldn’t be easier. Or more delicious. Straight from cacao heaven. Trust us on this one, you soon can’t get enough of these yummy bliss balls.
Makes 12 balls
- 200g almonds
- 400g Medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Begin by placing the almonds in the food processor and pulsing until they are nicely crushed.
- Add the Medjool dates and coconut oil and pulse until it’s fully mixed.
- Add the almond butter and cacao and then mix again in the food processor.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue doing this until the mixture has finished.
- Place the rolled balls into the freezer for around 1 hour, then remove and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Aren’t these little energy bliss balls too good to be true? Don’t tell us we haven’t warned you.
These would also be the perfect little energy pre-yoga snack. Sometimes you just need to have a little pre-yoga snack after a gruelling day working away. No one would want to meet the hangry yogi, aren’t we right? After these, you will be flying over your mat. Promise. You are welcome. And don’t worry we won’t judge if you won’t share these.
What is your favourite healthy snack?
Recipe by Deliciously Ella