22 Jun This Is Your New Favourite Lunch – Quick And Super Simple
Yogis, step away from the good ole’ lunch go-to, the sandwich! We’ve got some new WFH lunchtime inspiration for you. Wouldn’t want to leave you hanging in times like these. #gotyourbacks Let’s introduce you to your new lunchtime favourite: epic rainbow rolls. These not only taste delicious but are also super easy to whip up in no time, really, and wait until you try the epic uber-yum dip.
These rainbow rolls are perfect for your lunch, a weekend get-together with friends, even for your quick weekday dinner – oh, the struggle to whip something up that’s quick and tasty is real, people! The below ingredients can also be mixed and matched to your desire or based on your current fridge situ. One thing though, you won’t want to miss out on the dip. Extra-ordinarily delicious. You’ve been warned! Ok ok, yes, there is a lot of chopping involved, to begin. But once it’s done, you are almost ready to eat. Another bonus, you can easily meal prep this lunch. And did we mention that they are vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free AND full of flavour?
But let’s not ramble on about these rainbow rolls much longer and get to the recipe so that you can get cooking tout-suite.
Oh and just sayin’ if you need to spice up your insta food game these days, I mean do you even post WFH lunches anymore? You might want to take a snap and inject some colour into your feed. And the #FOMO of your past-sandwich-lunch followers! You’re so welcome!
Serves: 2 / makes 8 rolls
Rice paper roll ingredients:
- 8 Vietnamese rice papers
- One carrot
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup wombok (Chinese salad)
- One cucumber
- Two spring onions
- 1/2 red capsicum
- a handful of snow peas
- One mango cheek
- One cup firm organic tofu (thinly sliced) optional: lightly fry the tofu in sesame oil before adding to rice paper rolls.
- One avocado (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
For each roll:
- Finely shred the carrots, red cabbage and wombok before you do anything else.
- The cucumber, spring onions, snow peas, red capsicum, avocado and tofu need to be finely sliced.
- Wet the rice paper under cool water.
- Place on a clean flat bench top or chopping board.
- Add approx 1/2 cup sized piles of mixed sliced raw veggies to the centre of the rice paper.
- Fold the sides over then roll the rest to make a neat roll.
- Now repeat for remaining ingredients until you have used up everything.
And here it comes – the epic dip!
Dipping sauce ingredients:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- One tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- One tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- chilli flakes to taste
- Add all ingredients to a jar, seal and shake well.
- Pour into a small serving dish.
The final step is to slice your rice paper rolls into bite-sized pieces. Don’t forget to instaworthy-ly arrange them on a big plate and serve with the dipping sauce. Et Voila! Your new favourite lunch is ready.
The best thing, you can easily use any leftovers for your next day lunch. Or use the dipping sauce for your upcoming Netflix snack, however, if you need inspo for an epic snack platter, including another epic dip, head over here. Whoever said WFH snacks and lunches are boring!
Your lunch has never looked and tasted that delicious, or has it?
Recipe and image by Elsa’s Wholesome Life