23 Sep The Perfect Dinner Party Recipe You Need In Your Life Now
Having your favourite people around for dinner parties is a lot of fun. But having to decide what’s on the menu – not so much! All you need is an easy, super yummy dish that will make everyone happy. IRL struggle. We get it. Stress no more – Taylor Swift to the rescue!
Yes, you heard, right. Let’s spice up your dinner party dilemma with some yummy fajita recipe. Who doesn’t love fajitas plus it’s Taylor Swift’s go-to recipes. WINNING!
Have you secretly been dreaming of attending one of T Swift’s epic parties? We sure did. Truthfully, while chances are quite slim you will ever make it to one of hers, let’s bring one of her favourite recipes straight into your kitchen. She not only knows how to throw a party, but she also knows a thing or two about cooking, she recently shared in ELLE. She also shared her three favourite recipes that she’ll be making at dinner parties for life. T Swift’s favourite go-to recipes are Nigella Lawson’s Mughlai Chicken, Jamie Oliver’s Chicken Fajitas with Molé Sauce, and of course, Ina Garten’s Real Meatballs and Spaghetti. Naturally, everyone is already raving about it.
We picked our favourite recipe for you – Jaimie’s Chicken Fajitas. It was a tough decision, but someone had to do it. This classic dish is so versatile, think fajita bowls or salads. You can also swap meat for the tofu of your choice. Super easy and quick. And who doesn’t love fajitas? Right.
Chicken Fajitas with Molé Sauce
- olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lime
- 1 large red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 x 120 g skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 4 wholemeal flour tortillas
- 4 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
Cheat’s Molé Sauce:
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chipotle paste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch of mild chilli powder
- 15 g quality dark chocolate (70%)
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil into a bowl with the spices and half the lime juice.
- Peel and finely slice the onion, then trim and deseed the peppers. Slice the peppers and the chicken breasts into 1cm strips.
- Add the onion, pepper and chicken to the bowl of spices with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and toss to coat. Leave to marinate while you make the mole sauce.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil into a pan over medium heat. Finely chop the tomatoes and add to the pan, followed by the chipotle paste and spices. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour in 200ml of hot water. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until thickened, mashing the tomatoes to make a smoother sauce.
- Remove from the heat and finely grate in the chocolate, stir until melted, then set aside for later. Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and put to one side.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and veg and fry for 6 minutes, or until cooked through, turning halfway. You may need to do this in batches.
- Meanwhile, pop the parcel of tortillas into a low oven for 5 minutes to warm through. Cut the remaining lime half into wedges, pick and finely chop the coriander leaves, and put the yoghurt into a little bowl.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven, and build the fajitas: take a wrap, spoon over some mole sauce and top with chicken and veg. Spoon over some yoghurt, scatter over a few coriander leaves and squeeze over a little lime juice. Nice served with a dollop of fresh guacamole.
We also have got the perfect green smoothie recipe for you – just what you will be craving the next morning after your epic dinner party, we think.
Now it’s your turn to impress your friends at your next dinner party. Just mention, you have the recipe from T Swift! We won’t tell anyone, promise.
Written by Yogaholics team
Recipe inspiration was taken from ELLE