16 Oct Start Your Day With These Simple Healthy Sweet Pancakes!
As we come into the summer months, there is nothing like waking up on a sunny Sunday morning to a beautiful home-cooked breakfast. If you are looking for the perfect healthy sweet breakfast, I have you covered. These delicious pancakes are easy to whip together and taste incredible!
Why are they nutritious?
Packed with fibre and probiotics, these pancakes can support the health of the gut microbiome and your digestive system. The gut microbiome is made up of billions of bacteria, which rely on the food you eat to stay healthy and well. The bacteria thrive off fibre and probiotics, which makes this breakfast perfect for those who would like to improve their gut health.
¼ cup rolled oats
Olive oil for pan
- Mash bananas using a fork.
- Add eggs to the mashed banana and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on low-medium heat.
- Spoon pancake mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes. Then flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve and enjoy with your choice of yoghurt, fresh fruit, nuts and seeds, nut butter and honey.
Pancakes that are healthy and good for your gut, we are in! These are too good to just save for Sunday mornings, we think. You can whip these up every day of the week, really. We won’t judge.
Keen to learn a bit more about how food can affect your mental health? Head over to yogaholics and have a listen to Truth Robinson‘s, Dr of Traditional Chinese Medicine, talk about how our food has a direct impact on our emotional and mental wellbeing. He has got some simple tips and tricks to help keep your gut and brain living in perfect harmony.
Written by Emily Hardman